Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 151 of 170
Flag for a moderator

Re: Odd email from purporting to be from Virgin - Saying my info has been hacked on their server

Yep I got one earlier cut n pace probably only difference was the name. Its burry the head in the sand hope it goes away attitude. 

This cowboy attitude shows you up cause basically how it comes across is sod you lot I dont give a hell what you think. 

This is your mess so own it 

punkrock101
Superfast
Message 152 of 170
Flag for a moderator

Re: Odd email from purporting to be from Virgin - Saying my info has been hacked on their server

I’ve just emailed the CEO lutz Schüler I highly doubt i’ll get anymore than the same scripted response from his team. As the whole company is sticking their heads in the sand from top to bottom.  Schüler Hasn’t bothered to do interviews when the same thing happened with TalkTalk a few years ago at least their CEO Dido Harding showed her face and spoken to media and apologised to the customers affected. 

GazCBG
Superfast
Message 153 of 170
Flag for a moderator

What this email you all getting that meant to be from the CEO, as I not got one yet, to either the main account or my other email VM leaked.

Did you contact the CEO Office to get it or was it a request for info?

Blueyonderer
Dialled in
Message 154 of 170
Flag for a moderator

Only affected users will receive an email so perhaps you've been lucky and your data wasn't exposed.

My email arrived a week after two of my colleagues, though, so they're maybe being sent in waves?

GazCBG
Superfast
Message 155 of 170
Flag for a moderator

I got the email twice to different emails to say I was one of the 900,000.

I got the first email on Thrusday evening.

Did the email even give any more details what details was leaked of yours?

invyism
On our wavelength
Message 156 of 170
Flag for a moderator

I emailed the CEOs office a week ago.  Got the bog standard cut and paste reply by email a little later.  Followed that up with a further email requesting that my complaint be treated as a vcomplaint and not shunted off to a desk jockey to send the bog standard response that VM are using on all social media platforms.

Yesterday I received exactly the same cut and paste response in a letter from the complaints department.  All of this is being noted and will be included in my complaint to OFCOM and the ICO, screenshots and all of them blocking me on facebook for posting the Turgensec post that detailed exactly what personal information was availible in plain text for eleven months due to VM's lack of even basic data protection.  I am quite happy to play the long game on this, I have plenty of time to do so...

Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 157 of 170
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data-incident 19th April 2019

I have now (13th March) received another similar email asking for feedback. I have not used any self help services. 

0 Kudos
brantome
Up to speed
Message 158 of 170
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, just got the same bog standard cut and paste letter in response to my email asking for the details and CONTENT relating to me that was in the affected database.

Can someone show their IT/  complaints department how to a) read a customer request for data, and b) run a SQL query and mail merge into a standard letter template? Re b), maybe get the person who accessed it in the first place....

Shockingly poor response...

Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 159 of 170
Flag for a moderator

@brantome wrote:

Yeah, just got the same bog standard cut and paste letter in response to my email asking for the details and CONTENT relating to me that was in the affected database.

Can someone show their IT/  complaints department how to a) read a customer request for data, and b) run a SQL query and mail merge into a standard letter template? Re b), maybe get the person who accessed it in the first place....

Shockingly poor response...

Virgin Media and MYSQL *shudders*

exploits_of_a_mom.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GazCBG
Superfast
Message 160 of 170
Flag for a moderator

I have been affected by the leak and only got the first email.

I know I have been affected as I got an email pretenting to be from VM saying the account is being closed down, funny thing is that email address is not associated with VM and was only used on 2 competitions that VM was running.