Menu
Mikewebb64
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email has been hacked

Urgent help needed. My old ntlworld email has been hacked and password accessed.

I am not a VM customer at the moment, but was for a long time.

I need to gain access to change password and add more security.

Its crucial to find a solution as this old email is key to many on-line tools and business.

How can I regain access?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email has been hacked

Hello

I am afraid that as you are no longer a VM broadband customer then the email address is classed as a orphan, and could have been deleted at any time I am afraid that all the  VM support staff can do is too arrange  for the email address to be deleted.

Have a look at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

It is clearly stated in the terms and conditions section D6 "Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us.", normally these would have been deleted 90 days after contract termination some have been around longer.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you can't
Your account should have been closed after you left.
All VM can do is make sure the account gets deleted

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mikewebb64
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please can you check it exists and forward the emails since Thursday, then go ahead and close the account and I will have to deal with the results

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VM won;t be able to access/forward the emails. you should start updating the email addresses on any sites you are using the address

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mikewebb64, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with a former email address.  You can check if the email address is still active here  . As our fantastic @apcyberax has advised, we can have the email address deleted, we cannot have anything forwarded to you etc.  If you wish me to make the appropriate arrangements, please get back to me.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Mikewebb64
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Followed the link and say Email is still valid. See screen shot attached.

Now what do I need to do to access it / or close it?

Mikewebb64_0-1595162452892.pngNtlworld Email check.JPG

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The screen shot cannot be approved for public display as it shows the email address concerned.

It does show green indicating the email address has not been completely deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mikewebb64, I am going to send your a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos