cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntl email hacked no longer a customer

FDS1
Joining in

My ntl email has been hacked, got an email demanding bitcoin, they have tried to book flights with my Expedia account, taken over Facebook and instagram. I am no longer a virgin customer, my email was meant to be deleted 90 days after, however still working. I cannot change the password as Virgin won’t let me login now I’m not a customer, help please! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi FDS1,

I completely appreciate your concern and how you must be feeling. We are terribly sorry that this has happened.

As Megan is off shift today, I have checked the ticket and can confirm that the account was shut down as of yesterday.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FDS1,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your hacked email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

We can get your old email deleted from our servers which will stop the hackers from continuing to use your email - I'm sorry that this wasn't done within the 90 days after your disconnection, this can happen sometimes so thank you for letting us know.

I'll get a private message popped over to you now. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Has this account been deleted? I dread to think what the hackers have done all weekend if it’s still up and running. How is your security so lapse? It’s disheartening reading all the other posts about everyone being hacked! I’ve lost Facebook instagram someone trying to buy flights. I feel physically sick and worried at the thought of all my private information out there and it seems I’m not the only one! Please tell me you deleted the account?! 

Hi FDS1,

I completely appreciate your concern and how you must be feeling. We are terribly sorry that this has happened.

As Megan is off shift today, I have checked the ticket and can confirm that the account was shut down as of yesterday.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Beth

FDS1
Joining in

Can anyone tell me if my hacked ntlworld account has now been deleted, no one has replied to confirm this after I posted on Friday 

thanks

giona

FDS1
Joining in

Can someone tell me if my hacked email account has now been deleted? I posted on Friday and this hasn’t been confirmed. I am so worried as they hacked my Facebook, instagram and tried to book flights through Expedia. I don’t know what else they have done as they changed the password! Help please I am so worried

Fiona 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello FDS1, 

Thank you for your post to us here on the community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the email service. 

I can see you are currently in a private chat with my colleague and they are assisting your further. 

Please do pop them a message with any questions and they will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hello

She hasn’t replied to me since Friday, can you tell me if the email account is deleted? 
thanks Fiona

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should avoid multi-posting the same question as it causes confusion for anyone trying to reply if answered in multiple places. You should stick to the one topic/forum. You have received VM forum team replies on 'Email' and 'Security Matters'.

I understand, but all my personal details are out there for the world to see and no one is answering if my email account has been deleted! I’m trying to get attention to the fact no one has answered my question, I’m just a worried frustrated ex virgin media customer trying to get an answer that’s all