Menu
James222
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix through Virgin Media

I have had some issues with Virgin Media and Netflix charges and wondered whether anyone else had experienced similar problems and how to resolve with Virgin.

Very briefly, my issue falls in to two categories which I think are related.

• Virgin has billed me for Netflix when I don’t have a Netflix account. They are adamant that this is Netflix’s fault but in discussions with Netflix, Netflix cannot find any account linked to me and therefore say Virgin should not be billing me. Originally Virgin emailed to offer a refund but then said they wouldn’t and their resolution would be an apology will not investigate any further but claim they will stop future payments.
  • An unrecognised email is logged into the Netflix app on both my virgin boxes. I can sign out but if I close the app and reopen it, it automatically logs back into the unrecognised login without the need to enter a password. I have tried clearing the cache, resetting all the tivo boxes and the hub but each time, it automatically logs back into someone elses account.

I have tried to contact Virgin multiple times through Complaints, telephone and messaging but I either get told I need to talk to Netflix or I do not get a response from Virgin. This is obviously becoming very frustrating and there is clearly some issues around Virgin and Netflix but I cannot get Virgin to engage with me to resolve the issues, has anyone else had a similar experience?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix through Virgin Media

Thanks for the post James222 and welcome to our community.

It sounds like someone has signed up to Netflix on one of your Tivo boxes, they can do this under any email and would need to go through to the email confirmation from Netflix to activate it. Are you aware of whos email this is that is logged in? The only way it can be linked and billed through us if it was signed up to on your Tivo box.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
James222
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Yes, I know the email address. The strange thing is that if I log off Netflix, it automatically signs in to that account without a password - both tivo boxes. I have spoken to the help desk and they say that it can only be a login from my Tivo and that it must be me - which is not the case. I spoke to Netflix and they were a lot more helpful. Netflix looked at every detail that could link me to an account but could not find one. Netflix then cancelled the email address that is logged into my account but they are not sure that this is the account linked to mine. Netflix where very helpful but they said without Virgin giving the details of the details of the account they are billing me for, they don't have any further details to investigate. I spoke to Virgin again and I was told there was nothing they could do and it wasn't their responsibility. they are not even prepared to put a note on my account to stop future payments. Which l leaves me in an impossible position.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello James222

Let me have a look at this from our side

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello James222

Sorry for the delay 

I have checked and can confirm Netflix and any possible charges are now removed from the account 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos