cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to recover Blueyonder IMAP server password

bigjmc10
Tuning in

Using Outlook 365 email client  and yesterday it suddenly requested the password for the imap4.blueyonder.co.uk server. Set this up about five years ago and have subsequently forgotten what it is. Been with Virgin since it was Yorkshire Cable and never had this before.

I know it's not the same as my Virgin Account password as I have already tried that, can get to my emails through Virgin and on my moby so its more an inconvenience.

Is there any mechanism by which I can recover the original password or update it with a new one?

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Password reset can be found here Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks but that option just resets my Virgin Account password which as I said I have already tried for the imap.blueyonder server. I am presuming this is a seconday password so any Idea how I change it?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The process is the same.  The forgotten password route will change the password for whatever email address you enter.  You need to be entering the blueyonder email address concerned not your primary virginmedia.com address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK that worked thanks for your help

Thanks for the reply @bigjmc10.

I'm happy to hear the issue has been resolved and it is now working.
Always feel free to come on to the forums if you ever need any assistance with anything.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs