Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Need to change settings on firewall.

Good evening,having a nightmare with the settings on the firewall and have rang virgin but have not got anywhere. My husband needs to be able to use his laptop from home for work. We have been given a list of settings we need to follow on the advanced settings firewall. It is asking us tick off "IPSec pass-through", "PPTP pass -through" and "Multicast Pass-through" but we cannot see these under the firewall settings anywhere. I have googled it and what I can see is other people have these settings but we dont seem to for some reason. And we have got a hub3. Any help would much appreciated,thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to change settings on firewall.

Hi there @Danielsk300

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your firewall and connecting your Laptop. 

Before we can assist (or see if this is something we can help with) can you please confirm if you are having issues with the Firewall on the Hub itself or a Firewall as part of an anti-virus software you have?

Whilst we do not recommend that you leave a Firewall permanently disabled, can we ask you check disable the Firewall and see if you can connect?

Pop back when you can and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos