Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need customer services to reset password to email account virgin.net, it has been hacked.

I have lost access to my virgin.net email account and require customer services to reset my password for me please.

The account has been hacked, which is the reason I have been locked out. 

Thanks Pokeyesue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need customer services to reset password to email account virgin.net, it has been hacked.

Sorry to hear of your issue, please text 07533051809 with a brief description of your issue and someone will call you back asap.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need customer services to reset password to email account virgin.net, it has been hacked.

Hello

Are you still a Virginmedia broadbnand customer is not please see - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 and
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021.

If you are still a customer is the email address linked to your account ?

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJ

I am not a virgin broadband user and never have been. I have owned this account from day 1.

I have not received any notice of closure from virgin.

At this moment in time my account is still very active and has been hacked this morning. As an active account I wish to regain access to it.

I need to reset the password and security question.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Pokeyesue wrote:

Hi DJ

I am not a virgin broadband user and never have been. I have owned this account from day 1.

I have not received any notice of closure from virgin.

At this moment in time my account is still very active and has been hacked this morning. As an active account I wish to regain access to it.

I need to reset the password and security question.

Thanks

All you can really do in this case is ask Virgin to delete the account, they won't assist non customers and the account will be deleted in the near future anyway

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What a joke.

Warning to all old customers. No one at Virgin has helped me. I have spent hour on the phone getting nowhere. Automated message systems have failed  me. I have written via the post to Virginmedia complaints department, I have emailed and contacted security hub and all have failed to responded. Having your email account hijacked is bad, allowing criminals to continue now for over a week to continue making my life hell. 

Virginmedia have not done a thing to address this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pokeyesue,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your email account, as you've been advised you would need an active Virgin MEdia broadband account in order to use the email service. 

This isn't something we're able to reset for you now, we can however delete the email account from our systems if you believe it's been hacked.

Let me know if you'd like us to do this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My first option is to recover my account so that I can then recover my data  and make it secure also allowing me to gain access to web sites so that I can change my security settings.

As a second option and if its the only option on the table then this account needs closing down. 

This is the first time anyone at virginmedia has even acknowledged control and access to a virgin.net account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Pokeyesue,

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to resume access to the account, but I can raise an IT ticket to have it removed from our systems.

I'll pop you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos