cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTlworld Email Password

pw66
Tuning in

I have an old Ntlworld email address which has been my primary address for many years. It was set up via my ex partner who was the account holder. I set up my own VM account about 12 years ago & it isn’t the email address I use to access that account but I am still able to use it & it is the address  VM contacts me with. My ex partner closed her VM account several years ago. 

The password for my ntlworld address appears to have bee compromised but I can’t find any way of changing it. Any suggestions please.

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PW66, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the address being compromised.

Are you looking to get the email address closed down permanently? Or are you hoping for it to be transferred to your account so you can retain access, and change the password?

If the email is a secondary email address of an account your ex partner is the account holder for it would need to be cancelled / deleted by them directly. We would also need their consent before we could request a transfer of the email to your current active account. 

Let us know how you are moping to proceed with this so we can offer support!

Following this, we will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details and pass security. 

All the best! 

Molly

I would like to keep the address as I’ve been using it for 20+ years.

Unfortunately your solutions are not going to work. I know my ex partner hasn’t had a VM account for several years & no longer has her own ntlworld address so it looks as though we are stuck in limbo

Thanks for coming back to us @pw66.

If the account was setup against an account that doesn't belong to you, we wouldn't be able to transfer this and associate it with your current account, especially if you ex partners account has been closed for some years as all of the email addresses should have been closed once your ex partners account was closed down.

Regards,

Steven_L