Menu
efision
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

NTLWorld email accounts hacked

Hi, I used to be a virginmedia customer but when I moved house you could no longer provide me with a service. My wife and I both had @ntlworld email accounts which appear to be active. However, I can no longer access my account whilst my wife is still getting emails on her account.

I have recently received a complaint from someone who has received an email from my account and it appears that the account has been hacked.

I need to close down both email accounts but as I can no longer log in to myvirginmedia I am at a loss as to how to do this. Cab someone at Virginmedia supplort please help?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLWorld email accounts hacked

Hi efision,

When you leave VM the email accounts are usually automatically closed after 90 days.

However since this doesn't seem to have happened if you wait a day or two then a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you, after chatting via PM they close them down.

In the meantime it's best if you update any contacts with your new email address(es) to make sure they aren't compromised

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLWorld email accounts hacked

Hi @efision,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having this problem with your email accounts.

I'll need to confirm some details with you via Private Message, please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos