cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWORLD email hacked

martin851
Joining in

Hi, my family have a few ntlworld.com email accounts (dating back from ~2002) that we still use as our primary email accounts. One of these was hacked recently and I'm unable to access account via web to delete account or change password. The hackers have been able to reset passwords for several services using this address, until the email account was eventually locked by VM several days later.

I understand that following a house move these secondary email accounts became disassociated with my VM account, and as such I seemingly need them migrating back onto my account before your support teams can help me. To be clear, this disassociation was not upon my request and was instead due to an omission by the Virgin Media team responsible. 

I'm having trouble getting this migration completed. VM first and second line support teams have raised tickets with "the IT team" but this was weeks ago and even after several "escalations", there has been no progress. Meanwhile, I cannot use my email account, nor most services as I no longer know the passwords for them.

Can someone from inside VM please help me to get these accounts migrated and the hacked account unlocked with a new password so I can start to rectify the damage?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello martin851

We're sorry to hear of the email issues and problems experienced getting these looked into and resolved. We appreciate and understand the concern around this issue.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob