Menu
Robert06
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NTL Email hacked

Hi

I have 2 old ntl email accounts that I use, one of which appears to have been hacked.  As I am no longer a virgin media customer, I am unable to change the passwords or lock the accounts.  Please advise

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTL Email hacked

@Robert06 wrote:

As I am no longer a virgin media customer, I am unable to change the passwords or lock the accounts.  Please advise

Once you cease being a Virgin Media  broadband customer VM should close all email accounts linked to your broadband after 90 days. That is explained in item 3 here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel 

You could try resetting the passwords from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password by entering you ntlworld address as the username and following the prompts.

However, your best course of action is to wait for one of the VM Forum Team (VM employees) to pick up on your post. They can arrange for the accounts to be fully deleted for you.

They will contact you via this thread and take your details securely by private message (PM).

When you hear that the accounts have been deleted, I would suggest you send a test mail to both addresses and make sure that you get a bounce back 'delivery failure' message from both, That way you can be sure the deletion has worked.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert06
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Coenoby, hopefully I’ll hear from VM team soon
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert06, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community.

As you are no longer a customer, we will be able to get the email addresses deleted for you. I will need to confirm some information with you though so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos