cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL Email Hacked

KL999
Joining in

My NTL email has been hacked and used to reset passwords to Facebook and Instagram, plus attempted to gain access to many others. I have reset my password etc but they still seem to be able to request password resets. I urgently need this stopped before any further damage has been done. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you follow all the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help, to re-secure your email account?

A miscreant only needs to know the email address / username to request a password reset but to complete the compromise they require access to the receiving email account which they no longer have.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KL999,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your email at the moment!

Have you taken a look at our Hacked Email page as @用心棒 suggested? If you'd like further help, we're happy to have the old email deleted permanently to ensure security to your accounts.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon!

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs