cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery mail address

charlesj1964
Joining in

I've just noticed a mystery secondary email address on VmMwebmail, certainly nothing we have set up. I think our VM account was hacked early this year and it may well date from then and I've just been unobservant (I usually use email clients so don't access mail online much). I'd like to delete it but can't figure out how if anyone can help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this secondary account also show under the My Profile>Manage Accounts tab when you log into your primary My Virgin Media account?

If so you can delete it from there.

If it is just showing as an additional account added to the Virgin Media Mail webpage then click on the hamburger icon top right of the screen and select Settings > Accounts and delete from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this secondary account also show under the My Profile>Manage Accounts tab when you log into your primary My Virgin Media account?

If so you can delete it from there.

If it is just showing as an additional account added to the Virgin Media Mail webpage then click on the hamburger icon top right of the screen and select Settings > Accounts and delete from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham, problem now fixed using your second suggestion.

Charles

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@charlesj1964 I expect that you changed your password and security answers earlier in the year when you suspected the hack.

It would be a good idea, having identified this rogue email address, to change them again.

Also check that there are no unrecognised filters or auto forward rules set in the webmail account settings.

Welcome back to the community @charlesj1964 and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you but glad that you have been able to resolve this issue with the assistance of @Graham_A.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L