Menu
Jostar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My password is no longer working

I also have the weak security message and when I  enter my password to try and enhance our security settings it says it’s incorrect. Which it isn’t. The WiFi and TV has been knocked out since yesterday in our area - Virgin say there’s a tricky blockage which will take a week to fix.   My son thinks a hacker may have appeared in his PC game at that time - could this mean our accounts are compromised? How do we protect our connection? 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My password is no longer working

Hi there @Jostar,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the issue you've been having regarding your services at the moment as well as the security concerns.

Can you confirm whether the password you are using that is pulling up the 'weak security' message one that you have personally changed in the past?

If so, I'd recommend performing a Pin-Hole Reset on the hub as this will bring it back to factory settings - the password will revert back to the one on the label on the hub.

Be aware that all the devices connected to the hub will be 'forgotten' and you will have to re-connect them. 

Please give that a go and let me know if you still experience further issues when trying to log in,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jostar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Molly, 

Thanks for replying - No we have never reset the password - its always been the same one that's printed on the side of the wifi box. We have an engineer coming tomorrow so hopefully he will be able to stop the blockage. 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jostar,

I see, thanks for confirming. Glad you've been able to get a visit for an engineer to check things over - please keep us posted on how the visit goes tomorrow! 

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos