Menu
kbsserv
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?

My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?

@kbsserv wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Here is the advice from VM, you will need to go through the entire list of actions.https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

That list includes checking to make sure the hackers have not set up an auto forward in your email account. However, when you do that also need to take a look for any unexpected filter rules. That option is on the same sub menu as the auto forward option.

Hackers often gain control of an email account so they can scam other online accounts linked to that email address. For example Ebay, Amazon etc. So best to check all your online accounts for any unusual transactions or activity.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?

Hi kbsserv, 

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're still having an issue with your mailbox.

I can see we've filled in a form to resolve this, these don't get looked at over the weekend however.

This should be sorted by tomorrow, please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Alex_RM wrote:

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're still having an issue with your mailbox.

Sorry Alex,

I should have looked at kbsserv's posting history to see if this was a repeat post before I chimed in. I usually do but not this time. ☹️

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all coenoby 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos