Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?

Hi

I have received an email for virgin media to say my email has been successfully changed , only not me who has changed it, so must have been hacked ?

cannot login or anything , so assume password has been changed as well

What do i do please ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?

@kbsserv wrote:

Hi

I have received an email for virgin media to say my email has been successfully changed , only not me who has changed it, so must have been hacked ?

cannot login or anything , so assume password has been changed as well

What do i do please ?

Try the password reset route.  If that doesn't work then wait for the Forum Team to help you. 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Once you have regained access follow all the steps mentioned here: virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?

Thanks for the suggestion, but cannot get past the security question stage

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@kbsserv wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but cannot get past the security question stage

Try different combinations of all Uppercase or all lowercase letters, especially if the security answers were set some years ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi kbsserv,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your email account.

I can see that you have already tried to change the password without success. You can follow the link here and this will show you step by step guide on how to fix the issue you have.

After trying the above and if you are still unable to access your emails we will gladly take it further form here for you.

Please let us know how you get on so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

need you help please , getting nowhere trying to login to change details,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying kbsserv,

I will certainly take it from here for you. I will pop you over a private message to take your details and get this unlocked for you.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hacked

My email has been changed not buy me, i cannot login or change anything, what do i do please?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: hacked

Have you replied to the Private Message that @Jodi_S  sent you on Tuesday?  Check the purple envelope at the top right corner of this page.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: hacked

Had a few messages backwards & forwards, said it would be sorted within 24hrs but still i cannot login as shows 

email has changed. I am a bit concerned now that it has been hacked again.

Kal 

0 Kudos