Menu
dteucherevona
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My companies web site www.evona.com is being blocked by Virgin media 4g on mobile

The mature content filter on mobile that blocks 18+ content for Virgin media mobile users appears to also be blocking access to my companies website www.evona.com when clients are using Virgin Media + 4g on mobile. 

This website loads perfectly fine on a virgin media broadband hard line/wifi connection on desktop so this only affects users on mobile.

Is there any way I can get our IP address 13.248.155.104 or domain white listed with virgin media so that potential customers are not blocked from using our website on their mobile devices ?

The website is currently hosted on webflow and I have contacted them to see if there is anything they can do on their side but I assume that either the domain name www.evona.com or the ip address of the server has been blocked. It would be great to know what the problem is if anyone has any ideas.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My companies web site www.evona.com is being blocked by Virgin media 4g on mobile

Morning dteucherevona,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there is an issue accessing your companies site on 4G.

I've passed this on to our Internet security team for advice, I'll let you know when I get an answer 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
dteucherevona
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My companies web site www.evona.com is being blocked by Virgin media 4g on mobile

Thank you Alex.
It has been a week since I posted, so just checking in to see if you have any news for us.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning dteucherevona,

Sorry that we have not comeback to you with a response as yet. We will get this chased up with Alex for you and come back as soon as we have any update at all. 

We do appreciate your patience with this matter as we understand the urgency.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi dteucherevona,

Just a quick update for you. Our team have investigated this for you now and have recategorised so it should now be available through our mobile filters.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
dteucherevona
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

I thought I would give it a few days from your last post in case it took time to replicate through the servers but we are still seeing the same problem. www.evona.com is not accessible on a virgin media 4g connection when Virgins web safe filters are enabled. (and they are enabled for all Virgin customers by default) .

virgin_media_evona.jpg

So we are still being blocked. Could you please double check that this is being worked on. If virgin uses another companies whitelist I would be happy to contact them directly if you let me know who it is.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dteucherevona,

Thanks for your reply and update.sorry to hear this is still ongoing. I'll send you a private message to confirm your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

dteucherevona
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Our site is still being blocked. I have called 789 support number three times and no one is able to help there. Is there another technical support number anyone can suggest?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dteucherevona,

Thank you for coming back, I have tried this now and also a colleague and we are both on Virgin mobile logged into 4g and there was no issue getting onto the site.

Regards

Paul.

dteucherevona
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Corey and Paul I can also confirm that we can now access our site on Virgin media 4g on mobile. Brilliant ! 

Thank you so much for your help with this. It is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos