cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Email has been Stolen’ how to close.

Thumper46
Joining in

Hello to who receives this post

as of 3rd May my Virgin email was hacked and stolen by a hacker. The virgin email was recovered but the email has been stolen and is been used by a hacker to attempt to set up lots of subscriptions on various websites in attempts to extort money and material

i have been sent a extortion email, several times of which I have ignored but the attempts of opening new sites are now occurring on the daily with me in a war of attrition to close them as they open. He has even nearly stolen money from me using this email which I managed to stop FOR NOW

i only wish to close my email and recieve some customer service for my own mental health for as long as the email address, linked to my account is active the hacker will only continue until stopped or bored

i have attempted multiple times to call your helpline only to then be stopped by the virgin employees themselves with unhelpful staff who are reluctant to even tackle the issue and give aid of stopping this hacker who will only continue

to be blunt, for my own mental health and security (of which virgin media won’t help with) I wish to close my virgin account

I want the Virgin Media Email CLOSED (or changed] to stop the hacker from doing any possible damage to my mental health security and finances and possibly open a brand new one to prevent the theft going any further 

i wouldb be thankful for any help in that my email CANNOT be used by anyone else anymore

Thank you

PS : We tried the phone line multiple times but minus one attempt no one wanted to help or refer us to anyone ho could help. They were even I implying no one else can help and there is only them to talk to and no managers exist as well as no complaints department. 

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Thumper46 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've had issues with your email being hacked and subsequent issues with having this email deleted 😔 I'll certainly be happy to take a look at this for you.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

What happened you left me hanging…..

still receiving horrid emails just bloody delete the email so frustrating 😭😭😭

Still no response!,,,

Thumper46
Joining in

And yet more hacked emails …… no support virgin media service is appalling