cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware

BMWRider
Joining in

I been sent a letter from VM stating that I have tinba on a device.

I've run AV on my devices, no malware detected. Is there anything else I should be doing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Windows Defender detects recent variants of Tinba (aka Tiny Banker Trojan) as should similar software from other security vendors. The malware is Windows specific and if such devices currently / recently connected to your home network have been found to be clean and you have followed all the advice provided in the letter then there is no more you can do.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Windows Defender detects recent variants of Tinba (aka Tiny Banker Trojan) as should similar software from other security vendors. The malware is Windows specific and if such devices currently / recently connected to your home network have been found to be clean and you have followed all the advice provided in the letter then there is no more you can do.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BMWRider, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

Please follow the instructions provided in the letter, I can see that you have ran a virus scan, was this done on all devices? 

Can you update your password and let us know if you are still having issues? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

All devices have been scanned (several times) all reporting no harmful files found

Thank you for confirming this @BMWRider 

Do you have access to your email at all?

If you haven't already, please now try resetting the password to one that you have never used before for that email address and then wait at least 20 minutes before trying to see if that has resolved any access issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Chris,

Changed my password, rescanned all devices, no virus/malware detected.

Hi BMWRider, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming that. 

As long as you've followed the advice in the letter and completed the scans then there is nothing more you need to do. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs