Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Malware threat letter

Hi I’ve seen a few posts regarding this, but hoping someone can help. We’ve had several letters saying a device is infected with gumblar malware. It doesn’t specify a device and most of our devices are Apple with a couple of work lap tops which are really secure. We’ve installed anti virus software on all phones/iPads and nothing has been detected. We are unsure what else we can do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Malware threat letter

gumblar  is quite an old malware, and most up to date antivirus programs should detect it.

What antivirus do you use on those work laptops? Have you done full scans with it, rather that let it just check new software and downloads?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We have AVG and I also tried one the Virgin recommended. Both work laptops have mcafee and I would be very surprised if anything got through those. Yes did full scans.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't suppose a neighbour could have hacked into your WiFi?  It's unlikely but possible.

Perhaps someone else could make a suggestion?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenzel20

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the delayed reply.

Did you follow the advice on the letter we sent in full? Let me know if you need further help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes we did. We loaded virus software on all devices and did full scan and no malware was detected.

Thanks for replying.

Jenny

0 Kudos