Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Malware letter

Just incase anyone else is following this. I rang VM " gadget rescue"  (their chargeable tech help). He seemed pretty relaxed about the letter "just advisory" , "if you've run a scan and found nothing..". I was thinking of letting them probe my PC, but he didnt seem very interested. Nor could he give any further insight into what the Swansea folk might have seen to trigger the letter. I've written to Swansea asking for further evidence & advice . Lets see!. As for Mikes continuing help...well my "network" is a PC and a laptop. If swansea said " millions of emails every day" , or "one burst 2 weeks ago"  and a time (kit is not always on/connected) it would be very helpful in understanding what is going on.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Malware letter

Hi Chris, I used malwarebytes,  fsecure and Windows defender to check for malware on our laptop and used malwarebytes to check for malware on our mobile devices e.g. phones and tablets, I have checked every single device we have and so far no malware has been found?

Matsnu the malware in question I have been told on here is a Windows malware infection, so it can't be on any Android or Apple devices can it? 

As said I have done antivirus/malware checks on every device we have and yet no infections have been found? So I'm at a loss of what to do? Last option if matsnu can only be on a Windows device is to factory reset my laptop which I don't want to do but will do if I have too.

It would be nice if I could speak to the security team in Swansea or they could call us to get more details about it. Any help be good.

0 Kudos