Menu
Milic10
Joining in
Message 31 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Malware letter, email accounts locked, mailbox unavailable,

Hi Virgin Media team,

My wife experienced the described problems and we received an extremely poor customer service and technical support.

We have been waiting since 10 January 2022 to have her email account unlocked. We phoned 4 times, and received two phone calls from your technical support ‘advisors’ and got nowhere. Just empty promises. 
It is as if they are all reading the same script but doing nothing.

Today we lodged a complaint and what happened! We received an email that the complaint was closed because we got technical help! I could not believe what I read! What support did we receive when you did absolutely nothing to unlock my wife’s email account.

Please tell us what we should do to have this problem resolved!

0 Kudos
Milic10
Joining in
Message 32 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin Media team,

My wife experienced the described problems and we received an extremely poor customer service and technical support.

We have been waiting since 10 January 2022 to have her email account unlocked. We phoned 4 times, and received two phone calls from your technical support ‘advisors’ and got nowhere. Just empty promises. 
It is as if they are all reading the same script but doing nothing.

Today we lodged a complaint and what happened! We received an email that the complaint was closed because we got technical help! I could not believe what I read! What support did we receive when you did absolutely nothing to unlock my wife’s email account.

Please tell us what we should do to have this problem resolved!!

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Milic10,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear your wife is having some issues with their email account. Have you followed the steps and advice that we have outlined in the initial post in this thread yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Milic10
Joining in
Message 34 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we have and it was unsuccessful.

We understand that it is only the IT team that could fix this. However, it has been 10 days since the problem got reported and they haven't fixed the problem.

The same thing happened 2-3 months ago, and it was fixed (by the IT team) the following day.

However, this time round, we keep getting this poor service. There have been 7 phone calls between us and the Customer Services and Technical Support. But none of them was able to get the attention of the IT team. The raised ticket is still open and nobody can explain why it is taking this long nor why our complaint got closed since the problem still exists.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 46
Flag for a moderator

HI Milic10

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your email account 
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
32spg
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I've had this problem over the weekend. I couldn't send or receive emails as I usually do, using Outlook. Neither could I log on via webmail. Today I solved it by resetting my password.

Then I discovered an email from Virgin - in the spam folder when I logged on using webmail - sent on Saturday at 00:00, as in this thread (Our reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F009668597). Am I missing something here? What's the point of sending an email to an email address they have locked? Obviously I couldn't possibly read this until I had sorted the problem of not being able to log on to my email account!!! And this is quite apart from why Virgin's own email went to the spam folder!

When is Virgin going to get its act together over this issue?

0 Kudos
Kain_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi 32spg,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry for any issues caused, if this does happen in the future I'd advise you to follow the steps via this link, if the issue persists contact our team via 0345 454 1111/150 from a VM landline or through our community and our team will pick it up.

Thanks,

Kain
0 Kudos
Morrile
Dialled in
Message 38 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Once again we see the "A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware" when it's NOT my systems. The alleged event took place yesterday at 00:00 when all my computers were switched off, so it's not my end. 

What make VM think it's my system and not their systems under attack? As "A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware" is far too vague, so could VN try and be more specific?

Also, you state "After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes." Yet we have to login to change any password and cannot login because the main account is locked. Can someone please explain how we are supposed to action this password change?

This is so annoying when this happens as we have to jump through hoops needlessly.

0 Kudos
Morrile
Dialled in
Message 39 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Now resolved!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morrile,

I'm happy to hear this has now been resolved, thanks so much for letting us know. I am sorry for the inconvenience and any concern caused.

If you do need any help with anything else please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Hope you have a great weekend 🙂

Beth
0 Kudos