cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware email

Pandaclan
Tuning in

Morning!

I have received an email from virgin security saying one of my devices has malware.

I have been provided a reference - VMIS5-MALWARE-F010912260

I'm usually pretty good with security but here we are! Can I get any more advice on which potential device it may have been or more information? Ideally a MAC address would be perfect to know which one it was (or even browser headers from the site that reported it to have more of an idea of which PC it is/was).

I am currently running online scans (TrendMicro + F-Secure) which is not detecting much from this current PC.

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the specific malware was not named then following the advice given in the notice is all you can be expected to do; consider also scanning with the free Malwarebytes version or similar software.

FYI the MAC Address data being sought does not exist so cannot be provided by the reporting trusted third-party.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, still non the wiser.

Laptops and PC's have been thoroughly scanned. Only a couple of suspect emails were found as a threat. Multiple full scans are not showing any of my machines infected. It would be great if they at least provided the logs which may show which browser/machine is the issue.

Currently it looks like I may have an issue and not able to resolve it / pinpoint it with multiple virus scans.

Hi Pandaclan 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us.

Have you received a letter at all advising to follow the instructions in how to get it removed?

Let us know. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide