cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware email/letters

Whywot4
Joining in

Hi,

over the past 2 or 3 weeks I have received 1 email and 2 letters from Virgin Media saying that one of my devices is infected with malware. I have installed F-Secure on all devices (PC, phones and tablets) and the scans have not detected anything. What more can I do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have done all that can reasonably be expected.

Any chance this malware report might relate to a friend / family / guests computer ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Take a look at the emails and letter form VM, what are the exact names of the malware ?

The infection is named as nymaim.

thanks

A malware that affects Microsoft Windows computers.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/blog/detections/trojan-nymaim

A scan with the free version of Malwarebytes would be worthwhile and would put your mind at rest.

I had previously scanned my devices with Malwarebytes and nothing found. Just installed and scanned again and still nothing found, had to uninstall though as F-secure advised to avoid conflict.

You have done all that can reasonably be expected.

Any chance this malware report might relate to a friend / family / guests computer ?

No there are no other computers.

Just had another email today this time saying one of my devices is infected with Citadel malware. Again scanned all devices with F-secure and nothing found. Also installed free version of Total AV on my PC ran a deep scan and nothing found. Getting frustrated now.

Hi Whywot4, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the security. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris.