Menu
MisterPMTB
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Malware Letter

Hi,  I received a letter yesterday advising that something on my network was sending malware, i have checked my account and my wifes account and cannot find any issues in email forwarding, i have also scanned phones and laptops and found no issue.  I am unable to check 2x tablets as they are to old for the f-secure app, so i have used a malware scan which has shown nothing.  Has anyone else come across this before?  

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Malware Letter

Did the notification provide any information beyond raising the alarm, for example the detected malware name?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
MisterPMTB
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No it just says spam emails are coming from a device using my internet connection, also say "may" be.  

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have a Hub 3 check to see if the guest network is not open to all & if you’re broadcasting a free wifi hotspot then someone may have accessed this with an infected device. The free wifi hotspot is supposed to be separate from the main connection but it’s worth a mention if all devices show clean.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Given the limited information provided in the notification you have done all that can be expected and been advised to do by Virgin Media. Only additional advice I can offer is:

• to make sure device operating system and applications are kept updated
  • remove any applications / apps no longer used
  • be wary of using applications / apps from non-established organisation / developers 
  • avoid applications / apps that as part of their service want to use your resources (device processor time, internet connection, etc.), for example Hola VPN
0 Kudos