I'm at my wits end with this. I've received three letters and emails now warning that 'a device using your internet connection is infected with malware', and threatening to cut off my internet unless I've fixed it. So far I've:
- Bought a security package (Norton 360), and used it to scan every device (PC, phones, tablets, media server) that's connected to the internet, with no viruses detected.
- There's only one PC I use to access the internet, and I've made sure that it's got Norton's firewall on, plus browser protection. I've uninstalled the all the unknown/unwanted apps on the PC in case anything is conflicting. I've made sure the server has no direct internet access.
- Changed the router, in case that was affected with malware
- Changed passwords on all accounts, now using a password manager.
- Used online scanners to check for bad packets, but comes back clean.
- Called up virgin media to ask for any more details on this malware, but they said they can't provide any information.
I just got the third letter this morning. I'm really at a loss as to what I can do next, please help!
Issue has been flagged to the forum team who will hopefully be able to provide more detail to allow you to have confidence that the actions taken thus far are sufficient to resolve the issue; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more Have I helped? ClickMark as Helpful Answer or useKudos to say thanks
Hello, yes I've followed the instructions on the letter and website. The only thing I did differently was buy my own paid antivirus (norton 360) instead of vmedia's fsecure, simply because it got the best scores for malware removal.
Please let me know what I should do next. Is there anyone I speak to, to see exactly what malware notification is being flagged up on your end?