Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Malware - IP address on CBL

Please can someone help, I’m at my wits end!

Last week we developed problems sending emails. After a previous post I made about this and reading other similar posts, I ran a logging check on Outlook which returned an error code VM305.

After entering our IP address on Spamhaus site abuseat.org it advised that our IP was on the Composite Blocking List from 1 hit in September and was infected with the Gozi Botnet. It gave source and destination IP and ports plus the domain that it came from (I don’t recognise it)

Ive tried to locate the malware with a full scan but haven’t found it.

Today I’ve received a phishing email from ‘me’ saying they’ve taken over my computer, have infected it and demanding money otherwise they will send images of me doing something inappropriate (not sure where they’ve created them from). This email went to Junk.

Spoke to VM who ran a test and didn’t find anything, he didn’t know what Spamhaus was and said not to give outmy IP address and was basically really unhelpful.

We have a desktop PC running Windows 10, Outlook 2016, Apple prods, smart tv, Firestick (which has been playing up) and an old skybox.

I really don’t know what to do anymore. I’m not IT minded and trying to fix this problem. Please, can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Malware - IP address on CBL

The e-mail you got is well know scam. Usual advice is to report it to Action Fraud and to read all about it on their web site.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos