Menu
Jezza31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lokibot

Had an email followed up by a letter from Virgin about Lokibot - carried out a full scan of all machines using Norton 360 and for safety sake a F-Secure online virus scan. Nothing found - can any advise are VM getting false positives or any other info to guide me. I've put in a request to Norton for any other guidance but strangely a search for Lokibot of their web site throws up nothing - thoughts ladies and gentlemen?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lokibot

Hello

The problem with a lot of bots is that they don't tend to stay active for a long period of time at once, I have found some pretty recent information about it https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/lokibot-impersonates-popular-game-launch...

One tool I use myself for find stuff like this is a program call Malwarebytes free version, which should find it and remove it, beware you will need to a full scan and this can take sometime.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jezza31,

Malwarebytes recognises the Lokibot and has some information on it along with the download link for their package detections/spyware-lokibot/ 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Jezza31
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's interesting this morning I did some more investigation and found one programme that was updated on the same day the warning from VM. It was one of these support assistant programmes from the hard ware supplier. As it wan't essential I have removed it.

I suppose what would be useful was if VM had a task you could check in to which showed if it was still being detected. 

Thanks for your rapid responses

Regards Jerrez

0 Kudos