Menu
Mally1wood
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Login error 525

Hi 

I can't send emails i get login error 525 authorisation denied  (VM3005)

I'm not computer savvy I need help!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login error 525

HHello

The error message you mention doesn't exist do you mean VM305 ?

If it is VM305 then that error is quite specific, and means that you external IP has been reported for sending spam, and the system used by VM to protect the email servers has got you blocked sending emails from any email clients except webmail. You arre going to have to find whhatever is causing issues by following https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

You can check your listing yourself but there is no point requesting removal until you have found and deleted the spambot. https://www.spamhaus.org/query and type in your external IP you can gets this my typing "whats my ip" into google.

If you are running Hola VPN Free, then note But Hola Free VPN is anything but a VPN.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mally1wood
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just a typeo error yes it is VM305. But today everything up & running OK does this mean it was a glitch at VM or do I still have a possible spam bot?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Potentially the spambot has just gone to sleep, if the spambot wakes up you will have a similar problem, it isnt easy to remove or find the cause of this.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mally1wood
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I'm a silver surfer & not very computer savvy whats the easiest way to get rid of the spambot? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I certainly understand the main issue that you will have is that you need to be pretty technical, I would in your case speak to somebody who is computer knowledgeable and show them the post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Mally1wood
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Is there not a app or a removal tool available? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I wish there was but these Bots tend to be very good at hiding themselves, one of these being going to sleep on a regular basis, you could try malwarebytes, otherwise there is nothing much more I can suggest.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Mally1wood
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike 

I've tried AGV, Avast & Easyclean but they all said my pc & tablet are clean. Looks like I'm going to have to bit the bullet & have a go

Thanks 

Malcolm 

0 Kudos
Mally1wood
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Someone suggested that I install a VPN & that might stop my IP address from being found, any ideas? 

Regards 

Malcolm 

0 Kudos