Menu
NCMck
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Letter re compromised ntlworld email

Just got a letter saying that my Virgin Media Account has been locked due to suspicious activity on or around 27th April  (as have a few other people by the looks of it). 

I have tried to change the password to get back in to my account but even though it looks like it has changed it, it just keeps taking me back to the "forgotten your password page" and I can't log in.

The compromised account is a child account that my daugther has not used in years.  Was wondering what information they could have seen in my account and how to just delete the email account concerned.  Oh, and to get back into my Virgin Media account.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Letter re compromised ntlworld email

Hi NCMck,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies on the web browser to see if you're able to log in with the new password then?

If not, can you please try using another web browser entirely, such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft edge? 

I can understand that this may be concerning for you. To find out more information surrounding what may have caused the account lock and how to ensure safety on your account, you can head over to this link here. Through the link, you will find some more links where you can run a free online virus scanner to provide some peace of mind.

Let me know if you're able to log in following the advice above and we'll go from there.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
NCMck
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Used a different browser, managed to change password and log in.  Also changed the password on the child account, my plan is to log into it to see what it could see, then delete it.  Virgin website really struggling at the moment, so it will wait a little bit.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update @NCMck - keep us posted with how it goes later. 

Glad that you were able to change the password and log in successfully. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos