cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Phishing News 08/02/2023

Int-Sec

Latest Phishing News 08/02/2023

We have been informed about phishing emails that contains the content copied below. They were NOT sent by Virgin Media and should not be responded to. Do NOT visit the link included in the mails or response

Email 1

Hi [NAME],

First of all, thank you for being a Virgin Media customer.

At Virgin Media, we want to make sure we give you the best products and services we can. We've put together a few questions and would really appreciate your feedback so we can make improvements wherever we can.

Click here to give us your feedback. It should take no more than 3 minutes to complete.

Virgin Media looks after the data collected and may use it together with information already held about you (e.g. the products you have) to make sure you're getting the products and services you want. This will be shared with the customer service team; however we will never share this information with anyone outside of Virgin Media without your consent. All the information collected is treated in accordance with the Virgin Media and Medallia privacy policies.

Can we help you with anything else? If you need any help or support with your products or services simply visit XXXX. Or to get in touch, visit XXXX

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Yours sincerely,

The whole team at Virgin Media 

Email 2

Virgin Media

Hello

Your Virgin Media Mail account will be shut down on the  9th of february, due to a new year upgrade

Your Virgin Media Mail is outdated and has expired. You're advised to switch to the new version

Recover your account here:

New Version

Thanks for taking additional steps to keep your Virgin Media Mail safe

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use| Customer Service| Unsubscribe

©2023 Virgin Media. All rights reserved.

161 Hammersmith Rd , Hammersmith , London W6 8BS

Email 3

Dear User,

The Classic version of your Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 8th of February 2023. So it's time to upgrade, before you lose your email access.

Log-in Restore

Note:  Please do not ignore this email to avoid your account being closed.

Thank You. Please do not reply to this message. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

© 2023 All rights reserved.

Email 4

Vlrgln

Dear user,

Your lncøming messages was returned, you're require to upgrade your address to the Latest S!k/y !

CLlCK HERE T0  U!PDÅTE

Customer Service Email ID # 1009.

® 2023!, Inc. All rights reserved...

7 REPLIES 7

RonBarker
Joining in

Hi, I have just received two identical phishing email, one to my NTL email address and one to my virgin media email address.

There is an attachment, which I should not have opened as the email address of sender is 

RonBarker_1-1681281336793.png

RonBarker_0-1681281257163.png

The big problem would be if you click on the link in the attachment:

RonBarker_2-1681281444645.png

PS I sent a report to phishing@virgnmedia.com as per advice in this article https://www.virginmedia.com/help/security and received the below. Not very good of VM!
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients:

======================================================================
Subject: Fraudulent emails.
This is a multipart message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0106_01D96D10.F50881A0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0107_01D96D10.F50881A0" ------=_NextPart_001_0107_01D96D10.F50881A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7
======================================================================

The following addresses failed:

phishing@traff-1.hugedomains.com
retry timeout exceeded

Hi RonBarker,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of that you have received a phishing email and issues trying to report the message to us, did you use the exact address in your post (phishing@virgnmedia.com) 

that is incorrect on the site, I will be passing this onto the concerned teams to be corrected, please can you forward the email to  phishing@virginmedia.com.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,  yes I used the correct address.  See below image including first line of 'properties' fraudsters email address:

RonBarker_0-1681371532330.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RonBarker wrote:

Hi Steven,  yes I used the correct address.  See below image including first line of 'properties' fraudsters email address:

That screenshot confirms that the wrong address was used.  Look very carefully and you will see that 'virgnmedia' is missing the 'i' between the 'g' and 'n'

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, thanks You absolutely correct my problem is/was that I used the link on this page Fraud and Security | Virgin Media Help

Step 3 If the fraud originated from a text message, forward the text free of charge to 7726 and we will work to block the number from our network. For fraudulent e-mails, forward to phishing@virgnmedia.com and we’ll look into them.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks. As Steven_L has said he is passing that onto the relevant webpage team to get the link corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks