cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting spurious/ fake texts from VM(potential breach of personal data)

nxsynjs
Joining in

Hi,

Over the last month or so I have been getting texts from virgin media telling me I need to plug in an adapter to my hub to allow use of my phone and just now that they think I am leaving on 10th Nov.

1. I have not signed up for, nor ever had a land line or mobile connection with VM

2, I have no way told VM I wish to cancel my account

3. I

It is impossible for me to get though to a human to discuss this and there is no option to do so on whatever number I try to use. I am concerned for 2 things. 1. that my connection will be shut down on 10th nov, and 2 false information will cause me to be billed for services I do not wish to take.

2 REPLIES 2

Yozzer
Dialled in

I know it is not funny, but you have to see the funny side or it would do your head in. You are being told you have cancelled, and you have not cancelled, and I cancelled by phone and signed for letter 11th September, and have still not had it formally replied to. If it were not for Vikki, one of the helpful forum team who did check and confirm it in a PM, I still would be very concerned, as they are on record for charging people after they have formally left.

There is no doubt at all, customer service, and support, has collapsed, and it seems only this forum left.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nxsynjs 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there are some concerns regarding your services after receiving communications from us. I'm going to send you a private message, so I can look into this for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ