Menu
HappyPearl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is this spam - has anyone else received similar?

Hi. I've received a pretty convincing email saying latest bill payment could not be taken from direct debit and we will be suspended on January.  As the debit card linked to the account has just expired I presumed may be due to that but have checked virgin media account and direct debit appears to linked to account rather than card details and it seems the most recent payment went out as usual.  I just want to check whether there is an issue with the payment but cannot find any way of speaking or messaging someone at virgin so wondered if anyone has had anything similar and if it's yet another spam attack.  The actual email address from which the email was sent looks suspect!  Cheers

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is this spam - has anyone else received similar?

Of course it's a scam. Read this about constant attempts to defraud VM customers. VM would never email you about this:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-13-01-2021/m-p/4565571#M4...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HappyPearl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this spam - has anyone else received similar?

Thank you HowardML - that's the exact email I received.  It looked very authentic - far more so than the vast amount of spam I'm getting about McAfee at the moment!

0 Kudos