Menu
Drubien
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this legit contact

Hi all

Just had a call from 08002836411 saying they were Vmedia. I can't find the number anywhere (didn't speak to them, I was polite) just wondering if this was a legit number from Vmedia or if anyone has had the same call.

Gotta be careful of scams this time of year. Thanks on advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this legit contact

Could well be a legitimate VM number, BUT as caller ID is so easy to spoof you have no guarantee who is actually calling you. I’d you a wanted to run a con, what better than to use a legitimate number!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Drubien
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Too true. Better to be safe and tell them I'll ring back and use 150 to talk to someone if I need to.

Thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did they ask for any personal information like email address & password? Did they ask for the full phone passcode or just two characters?
Did they ask for payment details?

My Broadband Ping - VM Home
0 Kudos
Drubien
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for answering.

I didn't get that far I told them I was just going out the door (wasn't but it's a good one to get out of a call). They said 'ok, thanks for taking the call' which I wasn't expecting. If scam they usually try to keep you on the line.

I then tried looking up the number but couldn't find it anywhere.

I never give information of any kind to callers, if I think they're legit I'll ask for a contact number then use the regular number I have (150 for vmedia).

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear. 🙂

I use the whocalledme website but often the number isn’t listed as being previously reported.

My Broadband Ping - VM Home
0 Kudos