cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a valid Virgin call?

JonWebb
Joining in

Hi there,

I was recently contacted (I didn't answer but a message was left) by someone claiming to be from Virgin Media's loyalty scheme.  

However, I was suspicious as it was a mobile number.  The number in question was [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Could I ask, is this a valid Virgin number or should I be suspicious?

Thanks in advance,

Jon.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

a quick google says that number has been used for various scams, dhl and VM being some.

Ive never heard of Virgin Loyalty either (lets face it they dont give a hoot about customers)

I only ever deal with companies if Ive requested it, I dont take unsolicited calls period!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JohnWebb, thanks for posting here with your issue and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Sorry to hear of the issue and the called you received, please refer here for advice on what to do in this case when you're not sure if this is a genuine caller from Virgin.
Our best advice when you receive such a call and are unsure whether it's a genuine VM staff you've talked to, is to hang up before sharing any info and give us a call at 0345 454 1111 so we can check the notes on your account. This way we can confirm if someone from our staff indeed tried to get in touch.

Let us know if this info helps and how you get on since your last post.
Any more help or advice you may need, let us know and we're happy to further assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs