cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the following email a scam

Sallyannn
Joining in

I have received the following email, but not sure if it’s a scam or not. The email states that virgin will not ask for personal details, however when you click on the link, it takes you to a page asking for personal information!

Hello Sally-Ann,

We’re always looking for ways to improve your service, and we’ve noticed you’ve got one of our older Hubs. So, we’d like to offer you our Hub 4 – at no extra cost.

It’s designed to work with faster speeds, and comes with self-optimising Intelligent WiFi as standard – regularly checking your WiFi and choosing the least busy connection for you, so you can always enjoy fast and reliable WiFi around your home.

There’s no need to change your current package – we’ll simply send you the Hub in the post.

Claim yours as part of your broadband service.

but I can’t see the dashboard service 

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sallyannn 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there is some hesitancy regarding an email you've received. Do you have a screenshot of the email, which shows the "Sender" email? We do occasionally send out emails to eligible customers, offering them a free upgrade to one of our latest Hubs, as the Hub 1 to 3 are now retired and no longer in use. These are being replaced with the Hub 4 and 5.

When you are on the link, is this also displaying as a virginmedia.com domain? Whilst we don't ask for personal details directly via email, we may require personal details to verify you, and your eligibility for the upgrade - however, it's something we can certainly check with the email, and answers to the questions asked.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you for getting back to me. I have attached a screenshot of the sender.

08B01BCC-ED68-4960-B60B-1CFF3696BC78.png

CEEE8055-461C-4C04-8659-C1F0390FDB5A.jpeg

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sallyannn,

Thanks for providing that image. Our Mod Team has had to reject the image as it contained some personal information of yours. However, I've seen the image on our side, and can confirm that this is a legitimate email.

If you fill in the form provided, it will be sent to a dedicated team, who will process the upgrade and get in touch with a delivery date.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Thank you

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all, Sallyannn.

If you have any further concerns or queries, feel free to let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team