Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

IoT Malware

Hi,

I have been receivig emails and follow up letters stating a may have malware (possibly Mirai) on one of my IOT devices. They cannot tell me which one and as I have a smart Home set up that's not really helpful. I have scanned all devices and have multiple security virus apps on them, followed their advice and show no issues or open ports etc. I have websafe and f secure running but still get the emails. The call center have said that if I have followed all advice then they will note on my account and I will not get anymore emails but i'm still getting them. I have however noticed a app on my android device that is trying to get through that is malware I think called coinminer (UFO) but my security apps stops it before it can run. It is relatively new I think and is attached to the android sevices webviewer via chrome see this from sophos https://news.sophos.com/en-us/2019/02/26/automated-android-attacks-deliver-ufo-cryptominer-trojan/ . will this be whay virgin are having alerts on as I cant stop it as the report says at the end and I dony know how to block the domain name (coinminer.com) directly in the super hub 3.

Any advice would be grateful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: IoT Malware

Hi Ratboy,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message so we can discuss this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos