Menu
Leahk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet been hacked

Hi has anyone had a call from this number:05191127579 saying that the internet will be disconnected within 24 hours, Because someone has been interfering with your internet? I said to her that I don’t believe what she is saying to me and then she hung up.

0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet been hacked

Likely Scammers just using their free time knowing that people are likely to be home more. I suspect someone from the forum team will be about and make note of the number. 

In the meantime keep doing what you already doing and ignoring them. You could block the number I guess on your phone too if you want to avoid spam from the same number.

Leahk1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Definitely some people will sadly fall for it, and I’ve blocked the number now. Thanks for the reply, stay safe.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

1) It’s no use blocking the number. 051 numbers are not in use in the UK. The caller ID is fake. Also scammers change these numbers 2 or 3 times a day. You are unlikely to get a scam call from the same number.

2) It’s no use reporting it. Scammers are making thousands of calls every hour, using the internet which is dirt cheap. They also know fully well that our antiquated analogue phone system has no digital internet security & they can call you from India & pretend to be next door. They can even call you from your own phone number.

Just hang up every time they call. Responding to them just results in more calls.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks