Menu
Emilyrollason
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi,

I have received a text message saying work needs to be carried out outside before installation of my new wifi and to text CONFIRM if this is fine. The number is an 07 number so I am a bit cautious whether this is a scam. The number is 07480632160 - is this legitimate ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

I believe that is a Virgin Media text service number and it's OK

Here's another thread regarding external work with same number mentioned

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Trying-to-cancel-installation-Will-I-rece...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Almost certainly not a scam. If it’s a scam, they will be asking for your bank details, date of birth, address or other personal details or get to to phone a premium rate phone number. Your call, as specified, did not do any of these.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos