cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infected with malware

spencem875
Tuning in

Hi, today I received a letter saying a device using my internet connection may be infected with malware. I have 3 pc’s and have scanned them with nothing coming up. The only other devices are iPhones.

The language in the letter basically says sort it or we might cut you off. Anyone else had anything like this?!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jackjt8
On our wavelength

Most of the time this issue crops up it's a false positive. Best to contact Virgin Media requesting the exact date and time of any infractions. Most often they are unable to provide you with anything and with enough pressure they'll fix the bug on their end.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jackjt8
On our wavelength

Most of the time this issue crops up it's a false positive. Best to contact Virgin Media requesting the exact date and time of any infractions. Most often they are unable to provide you with anything and with enough pressure they'll fix the bug on their end.

Thank you.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi spencem875,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some problems with a potential malware infection with your connection.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team