Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Infected with malware letter.

We have FSECURE, which we have now run, it came back that 1 harmful website blocked and 4 files blocked by real time scanner.  Please advise, is there anything else we need/can do, we are totally out of our depth with this sort of thing. We do have a window that keeps coming up 'You have unsent message do you want to send now  YES  NO'   We do not want to resend as problem was sorted but, so say NO but it just keeps coming up. Also have an error message we cannot get rid of (have tried using the options suggested, but the message was not big anyway :

'This message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts.

Subject 'Re: [Support] Re: Re: A shipment from order sou-15318 is on the way [1/2]'
Server Error: 552
Server Response: 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) c9QWjeW1Zf1r6c9QWjgTsD
Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes'

Would be grateful for your help in this matter

Many thanks

Martin Coulson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Infected with malware letter.

Issues that F-Secure has reported as blocked are not a problem as they have been blocked from reaching your device and/or running.

Did the letter name the malware?

To resolve the unsent email issue place the email client into offline mode and delete the offending message from the Outbox.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos