Menu
BluebirdsCCFC
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incorrectly receiving messages

I keep receiving SMS’ from 07800 002204 saying;

”Hi it's Virgin Media. We're expecting to see you tomorrow between 12pm-4pm. If your services have started working and you don't need us please reply FIXED.”

I’ve received these approximately once per fortnight for the last 8 weeks. I don’t have a Virgin Media account anymore and haven’t for over a year. I know the number is a genuine VM number as I’ve had messages from it previously when I was experiencing problems.

Please help me stop these messages. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrectly receiving messages

You CANNOT guarantee that it is VM texting on that number. Caller ID is extremely easy to spoof. Think about it, if you was doing something like this, what better than to use a genuine VM number. That said it could possibly be VM, but you have no way of knowing. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BluebirdsCCFC,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry you are receiving unwanted texts from us. 

There is a possibility that there may be another customer with a similar number as you who has registered yours on their account in error.

I am going to pop you a PM so we can look into this for you. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@BluebirdsCCFC wrote:

Please help me stop these messages. Thank you.

I know that it is really down to Virgin Media to stop sending those messages as they are clearly not intended for you.

However, the simplest way to avoid being bothered by them in future is for you to block messages from that number on your phone.

That's what I would do, it's easy enough:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-block-text-messages-in-ios-and-android/ 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos