cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity fraud

Unhappy1232
Joining in

Unfortunately I have been a victim of identity fraud. Someone has taken out a mobile phone contact with virgin using my details. I am now receiving debt collector letters demanding I pay for this. I have since contacted virgin customer services (if you can call it customer services) to report the fraud. No one has been able to give me any information on this and passed it along to the fraud team. I am still receiving debt collectors letters demanding this money and no one seems to be able to give me any information or a solution to this. Please someone help me get this resolved before I end up with bailiffs at my door!! 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Some suggestions are on this Action Fraud page

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/a-z-of-fraud/identity-fraud-and-identity-theft

Reporting to Action Fraud should give you a crime number which might help you in the clear-up operation.

Have you spoken direct with the debt collection agency to advise them of the situation?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Unhappy1232,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that your details have been used to open up a Mobile contract with us. 

Our Community member @goslow is correct in advising you to contact ActionFraud to discuss this issue further. You can take a look at our Fraud and Security page for more information about this issue.

In order to get more information about this situation, and to help you as much as we can, I will send you a Private Message to discuss this further.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs