Menu
Qaiser_hameed10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Identity fraud

Hi all,

Wondering what I should do.

Someone has taken out a mobile phone contract it seems in my name and an old address. I only picked up on this via a credit report app I use which showed my credit score had gone down by 64 points due to missed payments. (I've been prompt with all payments for many many years) 

Did a little digging into the credit report and found virgin telecoms as the account opened Feb 4th 2022 and missed payments for last 2 months. How can I get this addressed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Identity fraud

Either wait and see what advice the forum team offer or follow that given here Fraud and Security | Virgin Media Help (highlighted below).
2022-05-23.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Qaiser_hameed10,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that there appears to be a disputed mark on your credit report related to us. So that we can investigate this matter further for you, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Qaiser_hameed10,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly via private message on this matter. I'm glad that this is being addressed and resolved.

If there's anything more that we can assist you with, please do feel free to reach back out to us here on the community forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos