cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP blacklist removal

martyp
Superfast

Hi all,

I want to try and eradicate the nuisance of having to select buses and traffic lights etc and saying I'm not a robot as much as possible as it seems to be happening on sites where it didn't before.

I checked and my IP address or range is listed with Sorbs from 2003 it seems under DUHL and to remove it I'd have to tell them it's static but it isn't.

They say the ISP needs to contact them to remove addresses from the list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@martyp wrote:

I want to try and eradicate the nuisance of having to select buses and traffic lights etc and saying I'm not a robot as much as possible as it seems to be happening on sites where it didn't before.

This process is know as reCAPTCHA; a free service provided by Google to site operators. The site operator has limited control over when it is presented to users of the site and ultimate control lies with Google.

Any issues with reCAPTCHA should be raised with site operator.

FWIW, for me, webmail's sign in always results in a reCAPTCHA challenge — I suspect this is due to a combination of my operating system and browser rather than a methodical assessment.

A tolerable reCAPTCHA option for me is to select the audio challenge (2016-06-18-00.jpeg) and enter a single word from those spoken.

@martyp wrote:

I checked and my IP address or range is listed with Sorbs from 2003 it seems under DUHL and to remove it I'd have to tell them it's static but it isn't.

DUHL list has no impact on reCAPTCHA; if it did then every customer with a dynamically allocated IP Address from Virgin Media would be seeing the issue and that is not the case.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@martyp wrote:

This process is know as reCAPTCHA; a free service provided by Google to site operators. The site operator has limited control over when it is presented to users of the site and ultimate control lies with Google.

Any issues with reCAPTCHA should be raised with site operator.

FWIW, for me, webmail's sign in always results in a reCAPTCHA challenge — I suspect this is due to a combination of my operating system and browser rather than a methodical assessment.

A tolerable reCAPTCHA option for me is to select the audio challenge (2016-06-18-00.jpeg) and enter a single word from those spoken.

@martyp wrote:

DUHL list has no impact on reCAPTCHA; if it did then every customer with a dynamically allocated IP Address from Virgin Media would be seeing the issue and that is not the case.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Great, thanks. It seems to come and go with different sites. I don't know if cookies and remembered sessions plays much of a part in it but having had a Mirai concern recently advised to me I'm keen to get the all clear if I can.