cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm blocked from website

andyglenbarr
Tuning in

mullfamilies.co.uk is a genealogy website. I'm being blocked from accessing it on 2 android phones and 2 PCs using Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling FSecure and contacted FSecure. They're not the issue. Tried the usual clearing cache etc. I can access by switching off Blueyonder WiFi and using mobile data, so Blueyonder appears to be the problem. Can you help?

14 REPLIES 14

Client62
Legend

Does Blueyonder WiFi have 'Child safe' or a similar content filtering enabled ?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@andyglenbarr wrote:

mullfamilies.co.uk is a genealogy website. I'm being blocked from accessing it on 2 android phones and 2 PCs using Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling FSecure and contacted FSecure. They're not the issue. Tried the usual clearing cache etc. I can access by switching off Blueyonder WiFi and using mobile data, so Blueyonder appears to be the problem. Can you help?

Are you receiving an actual blocking screen/message or is the page just timing out and not resolving to the website?

Have you tried changing the DNS setting on (say) one of your Windows 10 PCs to see if you can then access the website?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does issue still occur; with Web Safe on there is no issue with accessing site?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

This is the message I get....

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can access the website on all devices by switching off wifi and using my mobile phone data hotspot.

No childsafe of filtering active that I am aware of.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi andyglenbarr,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble accessing a site - thanks for discussing this with our Community, and the guidance they've provided.

If you have Web Safe disabled, and are still experiencing this issue. Have you attempted to contact the website directly to ask for further guidance? This error can occur when your IP Address has been blocked by them, or a protection service they may use.

It may also be worth running a virus/malware scan on all your devices. Are you able to try putting your Hub into Modem Mode, and connecting your top Ethernet port to one of your ethernet-capable devices to see if you're able to access it this way?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi,

re your suggestions....

1. All 4 devices can access the website using Three network mobile hotspot.

2. 1 of my PC's is hard-wired ethernet cable to modem and still blocked.

3. I have FSecure installed on all 4 devices and run regular scans. I have had extensive disussions with FSecure about this issue, as I thought they were the problem. It is not their software causing the issue.

Andy

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forbidden error is sent by mullfamilies.co.uk site and you need to contact them to resolve the issue. To do this:

1) From your PC browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value.

2) Then from another device that can connect to mullfamilies.co.uk site go to their Contact Us: MULL FAMILIES page and report the issue there making sure to include the following in your comments

• full Forbidden error message shown by PC
  • your public IP Address, noted earlier, that is triggering the forbidden message from their website

The first thing I did was contact the website and gave the admin my IP address. He said there was no issues at his end. I will however contact him again.

Thanks