Menu
Dudley46
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I cannot reset My Virgin Media password

Hi, I have forgotten my My Virgin Media password and when I try to reset it just goes around in loops asking for my username, then security question, then new password, then confirm new password, then back to username etc etc. Very frustrating and it means I cannot log into the Sky Sports App on my iPad. I have found a few similar questions here but the answers all seem to be “I will PM with help” which doesn’t really help me.

Can anybody here help please?

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot reset My Virgin Media password

@Dudley46 wrote:

Can anybody here help please?

Based on what you have described, it needs action by VM to resolve the problem.

You could try the agents on the 150 phone line but much easier to wait for one of the VM Forum Team (VM employees) to pick up on this thread in the next day or so.

The reason for the Private Message is that in order for them to reset the account password the Forum Team need to get your details privately to confirm that you really are the account holder . Obviously you would not want anyone else to be able to come on here and get your password changed. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Dudley46
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Coenoby for you help in this matter and I will wait as you advised however that means for another night I will have to watch Eastenders with my lovely wife on the television and not the football and golf on the Sky Sports app on my iPad because I cannot log in. Very very frustrating! Thankfully I will be moving soon and then I will have to decide between Sky or Virgin.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dudley46,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you are stuck watching EastEnders with your wife and not watching Football on Sky, as you haven't been able to reset your online password the usual way via our website I will be happy to help.

I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Dudley46
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

More frustration!!!! The forum VM team member takes me through my security details then leaves me hanging. Oh what joy it is to be with VM lol

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dudley46,

Paul is off shift over this weekend but will return to work tomorrow. He will respond to your PM then 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

Dudley46
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your reply on Sunday but still no PM and I’m still having to watch Eastenders instead of the football!!! It’s a shame Paul didn’t pass this matter onto someone else knowing that he was going to be away for some time.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We fully understand Dudley46,

I have emailed Paul for you now as this is very unlike him. If he does not get back to you later this morning as he is not yet on shift I would be happy to look in to this further for you.

If you have not had a response in the next few hours please come back to us through this channel and we will pick this up for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Dudley46
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for your reply and yes Paul did get back to me by PM asking for my account number etc etc, exactly what was asked last Friday and to which I replied to. Looks like I am now going around in the same loop as I was in trying to get the app to work lol. Looks like another night of watching Eastenders on my main VM box and not the football on my iPad. Never mind I’m getting used to all this now.

Regards

David

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Am I OK changing the password my end, once you get back in you can change it again?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos