Menu
aciyanhilal
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub Reset Password

I’ve reset my hub 3.0 and on my phone it shows the internet is weak and I need to change it to WPA3 to protect my internet. However, I cannot access my hub settings as it doesn’t allow me to do a forgot my password and when I reset my hub, I still cannot access my hub settings online. 

I need help with this matter urgently!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Reset Password

If you have factory reset your Hub3 then it will have reverted to the default settings.

The settings passcode, which is an 8 digit number, is printed on the label stuck to the bottom of the Hub3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
aciyanhilal
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve already did that graham but it still doesn’t let me in. It says password incorrect. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's possible that you haven't fully reset the hub.  Keep the reset button pressed in for a good 45-60 seconds and try again please.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@aciyanhilal wrote:

I’ve already did that graham but it still doesn’t let me in. It says password incorrect. 

Ok, there have been many posts where users have tried the WiFi default password rather than the settings passcode.

As suggested try the factory reset process again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
aciyanhilal
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ll give that a shot too Dave. Hopefully it will work. 

0 Kudos
SOLARISKI
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd be interested if this works, as I have the same issue. Hard reset and all my configs are still visible but the Hub3 will not accept either my saved psswd or the default factory settings psswd. 

0 Kudos
aciyanhilal
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It didn’t work so I had to contact virgin. They sent out a new hub because there was an issue with the old one. I’d say contact them and see if they can resolve it but it’s really difficult to get through to them. It took me 2 days to get through to someone.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SOLARISKI

I am sorry you're having issues with your hub.  I would like to take a closer look. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos