cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - password no longer works

SteveAldous
On our wavelength

We had an engineer out today to fix some poor external connections. When he had done this he did a factory reset on the Hub3. The usual password no longer allows me to log into the hub at http://192.168.0.1/. "The password you entered is incorrect". We still have the same Hub - it was not changed and the password on the pull out strip is what I have always used.

I have double and tripple checked I am entering correctly. Any ideas how I find out why it changed and what the new password is?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveAldous wrote:

We had an engineer out today to fix some poor external connections. When he had done this he did a factory reset on the Hub3. The usual password no longer allows me to log into the hub at http://192.168.0.1/. "The password you entered is incorrect". We still have the same Hub - it was not changed and the password on the pull out strip is what I have always used.

I have double and tripple checked I am entering correctly. Any ideas how I find out why it changed and what the new password is?

Thanks

The Hub3 settings passcode is not printed on the pull out strip.  It is found on the label on the bottom of the Hub3 and is a string of numbers.

The pull out strip only shows the default SSID and WiFi password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

Regardless of the VM words on a reset, the Hub 3 needs a full 60 seconds press on the RESET button to trigger the factory reset.

After the 60 seconds press on the RESET just leave the Hub 3 to reset & to restart.  It may take some time.

After this try the Hub's menu password ( the numeric one ).

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveAldous wrote:

Thanks

The Hub3 settings passcode is not printed on the pull out strip.  It is found on the label on the bottom of the Hub3 and is a string of numbers.

The pull out strip only shows the default SSID and WiFi password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Aha - thanks - had forgot that I had changed from default to wi-fi password and the reset set it back to default which I had completely forgotten about

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveAldous wrote:

Aha - thanks - had forgot that I had changed from default to wi-fi password and the reset set it back to default which I had completely forgotten about

Good that you have got back into the Hub settings.

Not so sure that it is a good idea to use the same password for settings and WiFi.