Menu
David104
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0

Anybody know why i cannot have a 35 character password made up of lower case, upper case and numerical digits for the hub admin password?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0

Don't have the Hub 3 myself but on the Super Hub 2ac there is a limit of 15 characters.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Edited as given the SSID details in error.

My hub3 just states a minimum of 10 characters, but doesn't show a maximum, however it must also include at least 1 uppercase, 1 lower case and 1 numerical character.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Simple answer to your question is, VM do not allow it, their hub their firmware you have to abide by their rules. In no way do I agree with it, but you have to live with it.

This topic has been done to death already on the board, just do a search. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In that case perhaps Tudor could enlighten the Community on what the maximum number of characters for the Hub settings password is?

The strict restrictions for the My Virgin Media password are well documented and discussed across the Community forums, but less so for the Hub settings password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got a Hub4 now, it accepted 12 bytes, but not special characters from memory. Don’t remember what the Hub3 took. Unable to test max in Hub4 as I’m in Portugal at the moment.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos